Turner Freeman’s wills and estates team are some of the most experienced professionals in their fields. Supported by a mix of specialist and highly skilled partners and solicitors, we deliver legal representation that is second to none. Our team also includes a Law Society Accredited Specialist who brings extended knowledge and years of experience to the table.
Terry joined Turner Freeman in June 1986 as a solicitor and became a Partner in May 1995. Terry has a vast amount of experience in Estate Litigation and has assisted many clients through what is usually a very difficult time for them. His clients appreciate his commitment and dedication to their claims and his ability to explain the complicated litigation process in an easy to understand language.
Key Practice Areas
Terry has over 20 years experience in practicing in the area of Wills & Estate Litigation. He has extensive experience in Will Disputes, Contested Wills, Challenged Wills and Family Provision Claims in the Equity and Probate Divisions of the Supreme Court. Terry can also provide specialist advice in relation to superannuation and death benefit claims. His expertise in all these areas allows Terry to assess his clients’ needs quickly, especially in more complicated situations. Terry also has a large defamation and civil litigation practice.
- BA LLB – University of Sydney
- Member of Law Society of New South Wales
- Member of The Australian Lawyers Alliance
John Mann joined Turner Freeman as special Counsel in November 2014. John is an accredited specialist in property law since 1995 and former accredited specialist in Wills and Estates Law (2000 – 2017). he was admitted to practice in May 1974.
Key practice areas
He has a high level of expertise in relation to all aspects of conveyancing and tenancy law and property litigation, as well as drawing of wills, the administration of probate, probate litigation, family provision claims. John has handled numerous complex estates, has been involved in dispute resolution of estate claims. Since joining Turner Freeman Lawyers, John has been responsible for all property and Estate work including litigation in the western Sydney offices.
Qualifications & Memberships
- Bachelor of Laws – Sydney University
- Bachelor of Arts – University of New South Wales
- Law Society Accredited Specialist Wills and Estates law
- Law Society Accredited Specialist Property Law
- Law Society of NSW
- Law Society Professional Conduct Committee
- Law Society Accreditation Advisory Committee for Wills and Estates
- Former member of Law Society Property Law Advisory Committee
- Former accredited specialist in Wills and Estates Law (2000 – 2017)
Kerry Doyle joined Turner Freeman in October 2014 and has been specialising in Wills and Estates law and property law. Kerry adopts a practical approach and assists clients with all aspects of estate matters including drafting Wills, Probate and Letters of Administration applications, administration of estates, family provision claims and estate disputes. Kerry acts both for claimants and also for executors defending claims against estates. Kerry was previously the Legal Practitioner Director of a small suburban practice and also ran her own conveyancing practice as a Licensed Conveyancer prior to her admission as a Solicitor.
Qualifications & Memberships
- Diploma in Law – Legal Profession Admission Board
- The Law Society of New South Wales
Key practice areas
Alex currently practises at Turner Freeman Lawyers in Newcastle and is responsible for managing the growing demand for wills and estate services within the Hunter Region. In late 2011, after moving to a mid-tier law firm in Newcastle, Alex began practicing almost exclusively in contested wills, contested probate and equitable claims in the Supreme Court. He also completed a Masters in Applied Laws (Wills and Estates) through the College of Law in Sydney in late 2014. Alex has extensive experience in wills and estates, estate litigation and dispute resolution, family provision claims, mediation and equitable claims in the Equity and Probate Divisions of the Supreme Court. He also assists clients with estate planning including preparing simple and complex wills, powers of attorney and enduring guardian documents.
- Masters of Applied Laws (Wills and Estates)
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice
- Bachelor of Computer Science/Law
- Legal Practitioner of the High Court of Australia
- Legal Practitioner of the Supreme Court of NSW
- Member of the NSW Law Society
- Graduate Fellow of The College of Law
- STEP (Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners) Forum
Kyle practices in the areas of Wills and Estates law and Property law, as well as general commercial law. He has experience in the drafting of wills, estate planning, estate administration, estate litigation, property litigation and commercial leasing.
Kyle is based at Turner Freeman’s Penrith office however he will also visit clients at home and in hospital if they are unable to travel. Kyle was admitted as a Lawyer of the Supreme Court of New South Wales in 2014 following completion of his Practical Legal Training under the tutelage of John Mann, an Accredited Specialist in both Wills and Estates Law and Property Law. Kyle has a particular interest in estate litigation and will disputes. “I realise that the loss of a loved one is a very difficult time, and when people are faced with dealing with complex legal issues that may follow, it can be a great relief to have things explained simply and in plain English.”
- Bachelor of Laws – University of Western Sydney
- Masters of Applied Laws (Wills and Estates) LLM
- Bachelor of Business & Commerce (Accounting) – University of Western Sydney
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice – College of Law
- Law Society of New South Wales New South Wales
- Young Lawyers STEP Affiliate (Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners)